We Are Open 2 Days a Week!
Special Hours during Covid
Until Further Notice
1st & 3rd Saturdays of the Month 12P.M.-4P.M.
2nd & 4th Sundays of the Month 12P.M.-4P.M.
We recommend you call first to ensure that someone will be there to greet you.
We are located at 1632 St. Georges Avenue in Rahway, New Jersey, on the corner of St. Georges Avenue (Route 27) and Westfield Avenue.
Mailing address: P.O. Box 1842, Rahway, NJ 07065
Museum Office: (732)381-0441
For all visits, the following protocols will apply:
1) Visitors over the age of two years will be required to wear face masks that cover their nose and mouth while in the building.
2) Group size will be limited to 25% of capacity, which means no more than 15 people may be in the main tavern building at one time.
3) In the past, we have allowed some handling of certain items (including a game in the permanent exhibit), but for the time being, we will be enforcing a “please don’t touch” policy for all items on display.
4) We ask that anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or who has been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID in the last 14 days, or who is experiencing any symptoms of respiratory infection or fever, to please refrain from visiting the museum.
5) Only the main Merchants and Drovers Tavern building will be opened to visitors at this time; the smaller Terrill Tavern building will remain closed to the public.
Additionally, the museum staff will be cleaning and disinfecting frequently-touched areas and items after each group of visitors, and hand sanitizer will be available for your use.
The above protocols are based on requirements and/or recommendations from both government officials and our colleagues in the museum field, and intended to ensure the safety of both visitors and staff. We appreciate your compliance, and look forward to welcoming you back safely!